- mVIZ with 2 presentations at mFUND-conference in september 2019 in Berlin
- new research project "mVIZ" started in june 2019, funded by BMVI
- startup "Brive" won the Digital Innovation Award 2019 by BMWi
- startup "Brive" won the 2. prize of the https://www.berlin.de/sen/web/presse/pressemitteilungen/2019/pressemitteilung.821559.phpBusinessplan-Wettbewerb 2019 by the federal states of Berlin and Brandenburg
- MAGDa-Alumni Salka Waterloo won the 2. prize for her bachelor thesis of the GI-Section "Woman and Computer Science"
- MAGDa founder Felix leaves the Beuth University. We wish him all the best for his future!
- Research Project ExCELL@Beuth succesfully completed in 12/2018
- Petra Sauer attended the DOAG Big Data Days in dresden in september 2018
- New FOSS4G presentations: PostGIS, Graphhopper and ExCELL, Linear Referencing and GML Application Schemas
- New academic Poster presented at FOSS4G 2018 in Dar Es Salam: The effect of spatial-temporal dependencies on forecasting future traffic sensor detections.
- Associated ExCELL partnership with the city of Wolfsburg officially anounced. See the press release (in german).
- Once again, the MAGDa team participated at the Beuth Research Day. This time with two presentations about the results of the ExCELL and BIM FM projects
- Successful last milestone meeting in the ExCELL project. It took place at the MDM conference where project members presentend and discussed the results of ExCELL.
- Felix presented the ExCELL project at the Connected Mobility workshop in Ingolstadt
- 다시 만날 MAGDa founder Stephan leaves the Beuth University. We wish him all the best for his future!
- Felix presented pgMemento at the german PostgreSQL conference on April 13th
- Team MAGDa presented ExCELL at Berlin Big Data Days 2018 April 11th to 12th
- Felix gave three talks at FOSSGIS 2018 about the ExCELL project, PostGIS and GML Application Schemas (thanks to CCC team for great video support!)
- Research Project BIM-FM succesfully completed in March 2019
- ExCELL Platform goes Open Source! Check out the different web services by our team on the ExCELL developer portal or on GitHub!
- Two new presentations availabe held at FOSS4G 2017. 'How to version my spatial database?' [link] and '3D City Models for everyone?' [link]
- Our SSTD Demo Paper has been published here.
- Our 3D data visualizer for the NYC taxi dataset is available here. This web application shows hot spots of taxi trips
- Joint meeting between Beuth's Data Science projects and developers from MonetDB to elaborate on future research cooperations
- You can check our paper 'Traffic Prediction using a Deep Learning Paradigm considering Data Quality and Geoprivacy' here. Stephan Pieper presented this work at the EDBT/ICDT 2017 Joint Conference
- New article 'Crowdeffizienz: Mobilitätsforscher können von der Ameise lernen' about efficient mobility and traffic prediction in the DB Schenker blog citing the ExCELL project
- Stephan Pieper will give a talk about Big Data and data quality at the Research Day 2017 at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences.
- The MAGDa Team will join this years Long Night of Sciences. See how we perform interactive routing in Dresden at the Beuth University and the 3D Scanning at the HTW Berlin.
- Our Demo Paper 'pgMemento - A Generic Transaction-based Audit Trail for Spatial Databases' got accepted at SSTD2017
- Felix Kunde will give two talks at this years FOSS4G Conference in Boston
- Our Paper with the title 'Bereinigung unvollständiger und fehlerhafter Messreihen für Verkehrsvorhersagen' was accected at the Research Day 2017 of the Beuth University of Applied Sciences
- Petra Sauer presented the project ExCELL at Smart Data Dialog 2017
- Felix Kunde has released a new version of his database auditing tool pgMemento. A paper about the software has been submitted to 15th International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases (SSTD2017)
- New presentation of our talk at FOSSGIS 2017 (in german) [pdf] [video]
- New presentation of our talk at GIS Ostrava 2017 [pdf]
- New presentation of our talk at BIGQP 2017. [pdf]
- The talk 'Mit Deep Learning raum-zeitliche Muster erkennen und voraussagen' by Felix Kunde got accepted at this years FOSSGIS conference (Passau).
- Our paper 'Spatio-temporal traffic flow forecasting on a city-wide sensor network' got accepted at GIS Ostrava 2017.
- Our paper 'Traffic Prediction using a Deep Learning Paradigm considering Data Quality and Geoprivacy' got accepted at 1st International Workshop on Big Geo Data Quality and Privacy (BIGQP 2017) - Co-located with EDBT/ICDT 2017 Joint Conference.
- New Presentation: Felix Kunde, Alex Hartenstein: Predicting spatio-temporal traffic patterns with Deep Learning. WhereCamp @Beuth, 04/11/2016
- Petra Sauer and Agathe Merceron visit the Indian-Kazakhstan center of excellence in ICT at the L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University in Astana
- BITKOM publishes new report "Germany – Excellence in Big Data" with the Data Science Group at Beuth University of Applied Sciences
- Beuth-Presse 2/2016 (page 16): Project FoerDaBa - Data management project with partners from the district administration Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg’s facility management and urban planning departments
- Presentation at Research Day 2016 @Beuth: Stephan Pieper, Felix Kunde and Petra Sauer presented the project ExCELL
- Long Night of Sciences with MAGDA-Participation: Stephan Pieper, Felix Kunde and Yohan Burneleau present responsive realtime routing, 11/6/2016, Beuth-HS, Haus Grashof 5:00 PM to 12:00 PM @Beuth
- Felix Kunde organizes the next part of the "Perspectives" - lecture series with the title Geo Data Journalism", 7/6/2016 Haus Bauwesen, D 151. The Team from webkid.io will be present, which created exciting interactive geo visualizations for the Morgenpost newspaper: http://www.gocartography.de/?page_id=6969
- Petra Sauer and Markus Krämer give a presentation at Pint-of-Science in Berlin, 05/2016: "Sword lily meets hydrant"
- 05/2016: Kickoff of the project BIM-FM
- Project ExCELL presents an innovative app for small enterprises and craftsman at the CEBIT conference in Hannover
- project ExCELL accepted by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology